Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: so anyone else read the Dark Tower books?

  1. #1
    Peter Peeker
    Guest Peter Peeker's Avatar

    Post

    and if so, have you read the new one?
    (dunno the name)
    I still haven't found it yet... [img]mad.gif[/img]

    I just finished Wizard & Glass for the umpteenth time.

    King's BEST work, IMO.

    plan on using McF Billy as Roland custom. have Susannah & Jake planned as well. haven't decided on base fig for Eddie, and Oy is gonna be hard to pull off.


    thoughts?

    re: books, I mean.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just read the first twom one day I'll get around to the others. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    I prefer the Roland from the Drawing of the Three's Phil Hale art myself.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Blake the Foreigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I read "The Gunslinger" in about 2 days, and I started on "The Drawing of the Three" imediatley afterwards. Problem is, I had to read "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (Another really cool book, btw) and do a bunch of reports and stuff on it for my English class, so I've put the Dark Tower series on hold for a while. But once summer comes, I'm definately diving back in. I've really fallen in love with the story so far...

  4. #4
    Peter Peeker
    Guest Peter Peeker's Avatar

    Post

    I couldn't pick a fave book out of the 4 I've read. the 1st 2 are similar, I guess...the 3rd is just wild, and the 4th(without spoiling anything) delves into Roland's youth/past.
    very cool, and VERY heavy at times.

    sometimes I think King didn't actually write them, but that someone else did.

    it's rare that a Gunslinger novel takes me more than a day or two.
    W&G took me 4, but I have been sick, so I'm sleeping a lot more...

    I REALLY need to get a copy of the new one, but I want paperback, so it matches my other ones.

    not a big fan of hardcovers, as I read on the bus alot, and a HC is a pain to lug around.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Skull-n-Bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    i GOT THE HARDCOVER #5 JUST FOR bERNIE wRIGHTSON'S 12 ILLUSTRATIONS.

    ooopps fuggin caps lock again!

    So I have 1 and 5...and need to read them now...LOL.

    Still have to finish DaVinci code...just no time to read.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Drau's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    5,789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    God Damn! I just checked the Official Website and I'm soooooo far behind on this series!

    I gotta get cracken' I've only read the first four

    Damn! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] the artist for book 6 is killer!
    dt62

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 16, 2004 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Drau ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hell yeah! read them many years ago when they first came out! should imagine my surprise when they stopped for so many years. I havent seen the new one yet, but when I do you can bet I'll get it!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Lord of the Nazgúl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The new one being Wolves of the Calla or Song of Susannah? SoS doesn't come out til June 8. Maybe that's why you can't find it.

    I wasn't big on Wizard and Glass. I liked Roland being a mysterious figure. That whole past thing sort of ruined the mystery.

    Charyou tree...

  9. #9
    Peter Peeker
    Guest Peter Peeker's Avatar

    Post

    WotC was the one I meant, yeah.

    I know what ya mean aboot "mysterious" and all. it's weird though, I don't really connect it with him, more like he's telling a story aboot something that happened to someone else.
    I dunno...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Cyber Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2004
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too started on them years ago. I had o wait way too long for Wizards and Glass and nearly went insane waiting for Wolves of the Calla. I love that series. I realyget into those epic fantasy things, I like a series that goes on for a long while so I can realy get to know the cherictors. LIke I tell everyone, you should check outRobert Jordons WHEEL OF TIME and Terri Goodkinds SWORD OF TRUTH serieseses, most of the people I know that are into one of these three series like te other two as well.

    I realy hope King finishes this series soon like he says he will. I will miss it when I know there won't be any more but I want to know how it ends while he is still alive to write em and Im still alive to read em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •